Event Date: February 4th 2024
Event Address: Vigie Playing Field, Castries, Saint Lucia
Contact us at 1.758.452.1538
Relay for Life is an American Cancer Society signature event since 1995. It is a unique event that unites communities, is volunteer-led and driven and serves many purposes:
- Brings people together.
- Encourages volunteerism and membership recruitment and retention.
- CELEBRATES cancer survivors.
- REMEMBERS loved ones lost.
- FIGHTS back against every cancer.
- Raises funds to improve the lives of people with cancer and their families.
- Ensures that everyone has an opportunity to prevent, detect, treat, and survive cancer.
- Relay For Life gives organizations like ours a platform to increase our visibility and generate cancer awareness locally.
“Cancer does not sleep and hence neither do we” is the concept that makes Relay For Life unique because it is typically an “up to 24-hr” event. Teams register and walk/run for up to 24- hours – represented by a team member throughout this period. For our inaugural event we are hoping to host the event for up to 6 hours, spanning the afternoon and ending after sunset to ensure that the luminaria ceremony – one highlight of the event – is incorporated.
FOR ONLINE PAYMENTS, PLEASE FOLLOW THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS:
- Use the wire transfer information below for payment of registration or luminaria.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating that you have paid and what you have paid for OR contact the office at 452.1538 or WhatsApp at 461.1538.
- If you register online, your registration is automatically recorded at the Cancer Society office and you will be contacted.
- Download a pledge sheet (above) for completion as well as “What to bring to Relay For Life” documents.
- You will be contacted for collection of tshirts.
WIRE TRANSFER INFORMATION
St. Lucia Cancer Society
Account number 2611722
First Caribbean International Bank